If you are researching hardwood flooring costs you may already be aware of the allure this type of addition can add to your home. Whether you are in the designing stages for your dream home or ready to do some major remodeling and renovations, you are probably aware there are few things that can increase the appeal of the interior of a home like hardwood flooring. Not to mention this can certainly also increase the value of your home as well.
Of course with this type of installation comes a price tag. While it is important to try to get a fair deal and stay within a budget, you also don’t want to get shoddy work or poor quality flooring. Be leery of all those deals that seem too good to be true. Be a wise consumer and you will soon have the warm appeal for the interior of your home that only hardwood flooring can add.
Why Hardwood for Your Floors?
It’s true that for a brief moment in time, hardwood flooring was replaced in popularity by carpeting. Every so often a lucky new homeowner peeks under the existing carpet to find immaculate hardwood hidden under there. For the rest of us, it is more about replacing old hardwood or other types of flooring with hardwood.
If you aren’t already sold, here are some other reasons hardwood flooring installations costs are worth the price tag:
- Hardwood floors can be extremely durable. Even though you can do things to hardwood floors to cause damage, the majority of these things can be fixed. Many of those lucky homeowners who discovered old hardwood flooring under carpet had to do little more than sand and buff the floors. Woods can be restained and bring an all new vibrant life back to an old worn hardwood floor.
- These types of floors are also better for dealing with stains or high traffic. While even the best cared for carpet will begin to show exactly where people walk through a room the most, hardwood floors prevent this type of issue from occurring. Spills can be quickly and easily wiped up from wood where the same substance could do permanent stain damage to a carpet. Not to mention you will have less issues with things like fleas if you have hardwood as you are doing away with a plush surface for vermin like this to live and breed in.
- Almost any type of home you could walk into could look its best with hardwood flooring. No matter what a person’s style or ultimate goal for a look is, hardwood will usually go along with it. Few things are as versatile as hardwood and you can go from chic and contemporary to Victorian or classic and these floor styles would work with either or anything in between.
Of course with your hardwood flooring comes lots of choices to consider. Some of this will depend on the look of the home or the one you want to achieve. The other great thing about hardwood flooring installation prices is that you may be finding quotes just to get your current floors redone. Take old flooring and sand it down and with a change of stain color you can have an entirely different look.
Other Things to Consider
When you are searching for that average price of hardwood flooring installation costs there are other things to keep in mind as well. For example, much of this depends on the size of the space you are working with. For some shoppers this could be a single room or an entire home. So what are some other factors that go into pricing hardwood flooring and installation?
- The type of hardwood has a lot to do with pricing. Obviously a more rare, exotic and harder to come by woods will cost you a great deal more than some of the American hardwoods. Also, certain woods are more challenging to work with and this will increase the cost of labor slightly. Bamboo is actually a popular lower costing hardwood flooring option and the end result is extremely attractive. For those looking for bolder, richer look something like Brazilian cherry would work but will also cost a bit more.
- There are also things about the wood itself that will impact the price. For example, if you are planning on having a much thicker cut of wood for your floors then this will run you a bit more. Also, you may be having it installed unfinished. Some homeowners opt to go this route if they feel they can handle staining the floor themselves or having someone do this at a lower price.
- You may even be opting to use an engineered hardwood that will run a bit more. The reason for this price increase is that engineered hardwoods contain laminates in the wood to help preserve them longer and make them sturdier and wear and tear resistant. So, even if you pay more you are liable to get longer life with less maintenance from these types of hardwood floors.
Also keep in mind your hardwood flooring installation costs will also depend on who is doing the installation. Some people choose to buy the supplies themselves and then hire professional installers to get the job done. Much of it depends on how hands on and DIY you want the project to be.
You can basically choose to have someone else take care of every step of the process. This could include measuring, picking out the best flooring choice, getting the supplies, installing the hardwood and finishing it. The final price tag on these two approaches will certainly look very different.
Most homeowners who make the switch from other types of flooring to hardwood often wonder why they waited. The bottom line is that you will not only love the final look but also appreciate the durability. Warm up your home interior by getting hardwood flooring installation costs and then getting the job done.